For my pregnancy update this time, I am bringing you my current pregnancy favourites.I never imagined I would end up having preferences on my second pregnancy because I din’t with my first. No, I am not including food items. I am currently at 28 weeks—hello 3rd trimester!—and in a few months I will hopefully be giving birth to healthy little baby girl.
Here are the things helping me throughout this pregnancy:
- Bella Band – I purchased this earlier on in my pregnancy when I was starting to feel uncomfortable with buttoning my jeans. These are great for when you’re too small yet for maternity pants, but too big for your jeans / current pants. I have now transitioned to yoga pants but once in a while I switch it up as I’m still able to fit my jeans.
- Yoga pants – Maternity pants are expensive. Even maternity leggings are expensive especially if you’re only using them for 3 or 4 months. The next best thing? Yoga pants! I have three yoga pants: one I wear exclusively at work, the other two I wear everywhere else. The great thing about them is you can get them cheap. I bought one from Walmart which costed me about $20 CAD. The other two we got from Costco which didn’t cost very much a pair either.
- Body Lotion / Body Butter – Oh the joys of having your 2nd and 3rd trimester during the fall and winter. That combination of dry skin and cold weather. I don’t remember having the need to constantly moisturize my belly during my first pregnancy. Then again, my first sat closer to my back. This time around though, the total opposite. She’s sitting more up front which meant I showed earlier and faster. I realized I needed to moisturize more when the area close to my belly button started itching. I never experienced any itchiness during my first pregnancy so I made sure I had enough cream to lather on my belly. I’m currently using The Body Shop’s Body Butters. I love how it melts like butter on your skin regardless of how thick it feels. It’s also especially moisturizing. I put it on after I shower in the afternoon / evening and my belly still feels wonderful the next day. These Body Butters comes in a variety of scents for you to choose from.
There you have it. Those are the items I am loving for my current pregnancy. What about you? What are the things, or products, you enjoyed (or enjoying) the most during your pregnancy?
Twice a year, Sephora rolls out a sale for its Beauty Insider members. The discount amount depends on what your membership is. You don’t have to pay for membership as it all depends on how much money you spend altogether in a calendar year.
Because Sephora rarely do sales like these, I make sure to take this time to stock up on things I need, and purchase products I’ve been meaning to try.
I made two “trips” (one in-store, one online) this year because there was a certain item I needed which is out of stock online.
I remember when Sigma came out with their silicone brush cleaner pads a few years ago. I wanted one. I thought about: a) how much easier it’ll be to clean my brushes; b) the time it will take me to clean my brushes; c) and how much cleaner my brushes will be compared to using the palm of my hands.
Fast forward to a few years…
I bought Sephora’s Polish Up on a whim. It’s their silicone brush cleansing pad which retails for $18.00 CAD. I wanted something to help clean my brushes easier and faster so I didn’t even think twice about it.
The bag comes with a small towel to dry brushes on, and a pad with a “textured surface”. The product also claims to be “ergonomically-designed to fit comfortably over your hand”.
Did it work? Yes! I was able to clean my brushes easier. The textured surface made it easier to get all the build-up off of the brushes much faster compared to just using the palm of my hand. I was also able to use less cleanser which is an added bonus.
The hoop on the back of the pad helps to keep it in place while you wash your brushes.
The only thing I didn’t particularly enjoy is the size of the towel it came with. It’s size is too small and it’s too thin to be drying your brushes on. Also, it will not keep your hand from getting wet but it does what it’s supposed to do.
I have only used it once since writing this post but I love it. I have kept it in our bathroom drawer for easy access whenever I need to clean my brushes.
Welcome to my very first book subscription box unboxing featuring PageHabit!
What is PageHabit? PageHabit is a book subscription box which offers two plans:
- Monthly – where one annotated book is delivered to you every month including a bookmark and other booking goods. You can choose from different genres such as Literary Fiction, Mystery, Fantasy, Young Adult Fiction, Romance, Horror, Historical Fiction and Science Fiction.
- Quarterly – where one annotated book is delivered to you every quarter with a whole lot of other curated goods. The genres you can choose from for this box are Literary Fiction, Young Adult and Cookbook.
Also, with each subscription and post / share / unboxing photos over social media tagged with #mypagehabit, PageHabit makes a donation to the current month’s chosen organization to help get books across the globe. You can learn more about it here.
This is my first time joining a book subscription box so I went with a genre I was more comfortable with: Young Adult Fiction. I was excited and nervous at the same time. Excited because I get a new book after I was told not to buy any at the moment because Christmas is coming up. Nervous because I don’t know if I will like the book in my box.
As per their monthly box description, my box came in with PageHabit’s October book, a book mark, and other bookish items. However, I ordered mine after winning a giveaway which allowed my box to have an extra book in it, and a discount on shipping.
My nipples hurt.
None of may jeans properly fit anymore.
I gained 10 lbs.
Chocolates: left, right and center.