What is Blogmas? Blogmas or Vlogmas is when bloggers / vloggers upload a post or video everyday counting down to Christmas. I’m participating in Blogmas this year. However, instead of posting everyday until Christmas I will be posting for 12 days which will be spread out in 24 days counting up to Christmas.
One of the things I love about the holiday season is the number of Christmas movies that come out, be it on tv or Netflix. W Network has this thing where for a certain period of time, it will show back to back Christmas movies and I simply can’t get enough of it. Unfortunately though, only a few of these movies catch my attention to a point where I’m willing to keep them in our PVR just incase they don’t air them again next year.
- The Christmas Calendar – A lawyer turned baker moves back to her hometown when her grandmother passed away. She is faced with either selling the house, or her grandmother’s bakery. Amidst all this, a mysterious Christmas calendar appears in her bakery which stirred up rumours about her having a secret admirer.
- The Sweetest Christmas – A woman who accepted a temporary reception job enters a gingerbread house competition in the hopes of making her dream in to a reality.
- Snowed-Inn Christmas – My favourite this year so far. When two journalists are given the same assignment, they both fly to Aspen to write an article to save their jobs. But when a blizzard causes their plane to make an emergency landing in Santa Clause, Indiana they are forced to look for the “Christmas magic” in this foreign place to save their jobs and their hearts.
- Christmas Inheritance – A next-in-line CEO is given the task of delivering a box of Christmas letters to a small town in her father’s behalf. The only downside is she needs to hand-deliver it to the recipient, while going incognito and with only $100 in her pockets to understand what it’s like to begin with nothing.
- A Christmas Prince – A journalist accidentally goes undercover as a tutor to find the scoop behind Aldovia’s future king. I am aware of the backlash this movie has gotten but sometimes, cheesy movies like this are so bad you can’t help but watch it over and over.
Last Year’s Favorites: These two were my favorites from last year. We lost our old PVR so I’m re-recording these both. So far, we only have A Christmas Melody. I’m hoping they air Family For Christmas this year too.
- A Christmas Melody – An LA designer moves back to her hometown with her daughter and they both discover the power of a Christmas wish.
- Family for Christmas – A woman’s life turns upside-down when her Christmas wish she didn’t know she wanted comes true. In the process of getting her old life back and maneuvering the one she is currently in, she realizes why the wish took effect in the first place.
I do enjoy watching these over and over. They’re cheesy, yes, but it does give off that holiday feeling we’re all excited about.
Now, I’m going to head off and watch a movie or two.
Have yourselves a Merry Christmas! 🙂