A month ago, my family and I decided to spend the long weekend right before school starts at Edmonton. My brother-in-law would be heading there for a bachelor party anyways so we thought why not go there as well.
The bag I brought with me is roughly about 7×6 inches and I was surprised it fit everything I thought I would need for the weekend. I knew for a fact there will be a lot of walking, swimming, and shopping involved. Also, we will be staying in a hotel room so I needed something that would allow me to quickly get ready.
Here are what’s inside my weekend makeup bag:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyebrow Duo in Ebony – This is my go to eyebrow product. I have tried others but I keep on going back to this one.
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer in 01 Nude – I didn’t intend on wearing any eyeshadow during this trip. However, I still brought a primer with me just to keep my lids from getting too oily.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Black (Waterproof) – I have used this mascara for years now. Also, waterproof is the only formula that properly holds the curl on my lashes.
- Maybelline Master Conceal in 30 Light Medium – This shade suits my skin tone very well without making my undereye look too bright.
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop – Easily my go to highlighter ever since I got it. BECCA also offers other highlighter shades which are gorgeous.
- The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain in 001 Pink Hibiscus – This product easily because a favourite. I brought this with me because I can easily apply this with my fingers and offers a subtle pink flush. It goes on well on top of powder, and the watery gel consistency makes it easy to blend out.
- Maybelline Better Skin Skin Transforming Powder in 30 Warm Nude – The shade suits me well and it has salicylic acid to help with breakouts.
- Real Techniques Fan Brush – For highlighting.
- Real Techniques Buffing Brush – For buffing in my face powder.
- Anastasia Brow Whiz (spoolie side) – I kept this product for the spoolie alone. I don’t use the pencil part anymore because I like the more natural finish the powder version gives.
- Essence Tapered Eyeliner Brush – I use this for my eyebrows.
- Tarte Eyelash Curler (not pictured) – I keep on thinking I need to update my eyelash curler. Any suggestions?
- Contact lenses.
What’s funny is everything in the bag is pretty much everything I need. I have drawers full of makeup and I still keep on reaching for this bag whenever I need to get ready on a regular day. All that is missing is a good eyeshadow palette that can fit in with the rest of the products in the bag. I might need to shop my stash, but I would love to know if you have any suggestions?