Twice a year, Sephora rolls out a sale for its Beauty Insider members. The discount amount depends on what your membership is. You don’t have to pay for membership as it all depends on how much money you spend altogether in a calendar year.
Because Sephora rarely do sales like these, I make sure to take this time to stock up on things I need, and purchase products I’ve been meaning to try.
I made two “trips” (one in-store, one online) this year because there was a certain item I needed which is out of stock online.
- BECCA Highlighter in Rose Gold – If you have already purchased Chrissy Teigen’s collaboration palette with BECCA then you don’t need to buy this. I made that mistake but kept this anyway cause then I wouldn’t need to carry the entire palette if I don’t need to.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Granite – This was what I came for in store. I’m currently using Ebony which I find to be a bit brown for my eyebrow shade. I picked up Granite to hopefully better match my eyebrows.
- TARTE Flirt Eyeshadow Palette – Toasted shades are what people are going crazy about right now. Urban Decay and Tarte both released palettes which has this colour scheme but I didn’t need anymore eyeshadows. I saw this in store though and I was immediately reminded of those two palettes. Yes, I said I didn’t need anymore, but I didn’t say I didn’t want to try them. Haha!
- Sephora Favorites: Beauty Sleep Edition – This one I wasn’t expecting to get my hands on AT ALL. It got sold out a day after placing it in my cart. Imagine my excitement when I saw this in store. I’m a mom and I don’t have a lot of time to spend on myself so finding a product that will do it’s job while I sleep is a must. Here’s to hoping one of these products would work for me.
- YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil in Prune Me Tender – This is one of the luxuries I allow myself. I fell in love with YSL’s Volupte Tint-in-Oil about 2 years ago and I am now expanding my collection by adding another shade.
- Lancome Creme Radiance Gentle Cleanser (repurchase) – This is my favourite cleanser. It’s extremely pricey at $42 CAD a tube but you don’t need a lot of it to clean your face.
- Bare Minerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation in 14 Golden Medium (repurchase) – This is my favourite high-end foundation by far. It keeps my face matte, and the shade matches my skin tone perfectly.
- SHU Uemura Eyelash Curler – A lot of people like this eyelash curler that I decided to try it. To be fair, it’s time for me to change my eyelash curler anyway.
- Laneige Goodnight Kit – This kit contains a water sleeping mask and a lip sleeping mask. Like I said earlier, I’m on the hunt for a good skincare routine that actively works while I sleep.
- Sephora Collection Pro Brow Brush #20 – I wanted to retire my Anastasia Brow Whiz. I don’t even use the product, just the spoolie.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Nahz Fur Atoo – I was interested in purchasing the lip kit (at $66 CAD) at first. As much as it’s a pretty good deal, most of the shades were not what I gravitate towards. Nahz Fur Atoo took a good five days of research and 5 minutes of staring at it in store before I finally added it to my cart.
- Dr. Brandt Skincare Complexion Perfection – I purchased this kit for one reason: to try their PoreDermabrasion. I have read and heard a lot of positive things with this product so here’s to hoping it’ll work for me.
- Ole Henriksen Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser – This is one of the 100 point perks offered during check out. Most of what I have tried from Ole Henriksen has been great so I have high hopes for this one.
That is it for my 2017 Sephora VIB Sale Haul. I’m off to try these products in the hopes they won’t wreck my skin. Haha!
Did you purchase anything from the Sephora VIB sale?